[Roxygen-devel] @import tag modifies NAMESPACE but not DESCRIPTION

Vinh Nguyen vqnguyen at uci.edu
Sun Oct 10 17:53:00 CEST 2010

Dear list,

When I ran R CMD check on my package, I get a warning saying I should
do something like importFrom("methods", "show") since I was using the
show generic function.

I placed
##' @import methods
into the package documentation and it generated "import(methods)" in
the NAMESPACE file.  However, I get an error with R CMD check:
* checking package name space information ... OK
* checking package dependencies ... ERROR
Namespace dependencies not required:
  methods

I'm guessing that we should have "Imports: methods" in the DESCRIPTION
file as well.  Should roxygen be doing this or am I missing something?
 I'm using use.Rd2=TRUE.  Thanks.

Vinh
--
Vinh Nguyen