[Roxygen-devel] Line break bug when use.Rd2=TRUE

Vinh Nguyen vqnguyen at uci.edu
Fri Oct 8 22:30:41 CEST 2010

Dear roxygen list,

I'm getting some errors from the following two documentation:

##' An S4 class that stores inferential values of a fitted model object.
##'
##' An S4 class that inherits from the \code{matrix} class.  Rows
##' correspond to different coefficients and columns consist of point
##' estimates (point.est), confidence intervals (ci.lo and ci.hi),
##' p-values (p.value), and sample size (n).
##'
##' @name inference-class
##' @rdname inference-class
##' @slot .Data Object of class \code{matrix}.
##' @slot model Class of model fit; object of class \code{character},
##' such as "lm".
##' @slot sample.size Sample size used in model fit; object of class
##' \code{numeric}.
##' @slot robust.se Boolean indicator whether robust standard errors were
##' used; object of class \code{logical}.
##' @slot two.sided Boolean indicator whether p-values corresond to a
##' two-sided test or one-sided; object of class \code{logical}.
##' @slot ci.level Confidence level; object of class \code{numeric}.

##' Inference for fitted model objects.
##'
##' Extract point estimates, standard errors, confidence intervals,
##' p-values, and sample size.
##' @name infer-methods
##' @rdname infer-methods
##' @aliases infer-methods infer
##' @param fitobj Fitted model object, such as those of class \code{lm}.
##' @param vars Vector of variable names to obtain inference information
##' for.  Defaults to \code{NULL} which corresponds to all variables
##' in the fitted model.
##' @param robust.se Boolean indicator for whether robust standard
##' errors should be use.  Defaults to \code{TRUE}.
##' @param two.sided Boolean indicator for whether p-values should
##' correspond to a two-sided test or one-sided.  Defaults to
##' \code{TRUE}.
##' @param ci.level Confidence level.  Defaults to 0.95.
##' @return S4 \code{inference} object.
##' @examples
##' infer(lm(rnorm(100) ~ runif(100)))
##' @author Vinh Nguyen

The first yields inference-class.Rd, which gives me:
\name{inference-class}
\alias{inference-class
-class}
\alias{inference-class}

The error is coming from the newline in the alias line (gives me an
error with R CMD check).

Similarly, the second documentation yields
\name{infer-methods}
\alias{infer-methods
,-method}
\alias{infer-methods}

Same error.

Why is it generating this new line?  Thanks.

Vinh
--
Vinh Nguyen
Department of Statistics