[Roxygen-devel] Roxygen and R5

Manuel J. A. Eugster Manuel.Eugster at stat.uni-muenchen.de
Tue Nov 16 09:07:23 CET 2010

Hi everyone,

I have to apologize that I currently reply only sporadically to the
list; I'm in the final stage of my dissertation (and Roxygen is not
part of it :-).

My plan for the beginning of the next year is to rewrite Roxygen and
to introduce an internal abstraction (using R5 or proto) to have a
clean interface for computations on the Roxygen informations (e.g.,
checks, Rd generation, Rd merge, etc.). This would simplify a lot of
stuff discussed here lately, e.g., everyone can simply specify the
output by his/her own (themes), or introduce own intermediate
computations on the documentation, etc.

Furthermore, I want to use the "parser" package to have a stable
parser; which can handle internal comments as well.

So -- Janko -- R5 will definitely be supported by Roxygen in future.

Best,

Manuel.