[Roxygen-devel] Examles in .Rd-files: how to tag 'not run' code?

Janko Thyson janko.thyson at ku-eichstaett.de
Wed Nov 3 17:34:02 CET 2010

Dear list,

A quick question regarding examples in .Rd-files that I don't want to be
"runnable":

The extension manual says in p. 40 that I should use \dontrun{my.code}
within the \examples{...} section of an .Rd-file.

The roxygen manual states that I can put my examples in a separate script
(let's say "test_1.R") an state the name of this script with @example.

Now, I wonder how I can "tag" those parts of my code in "test_1.R" that
should not be run. Do I need to enclose it by \dontrun{my.code} or does '##
Not run:' and '# End(Not run) work?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Janko