[Roxygen-devel] Roxygen creates invalid file names?

Peter Danenberg pcd at roxygen.org
Wed Jun 24 00:36:40 CEST 2009

> * excluding invalid files from 'plyr'
> Subdirectory 'man' contains invalid file names:
>   ..Rd .matrix_to_df.Rd [.indexed.Rd [.split.Rd [[.indexed_array.Rd
>   [[.indexed_df.Rd
>
> create from functions with the obvious names.

Using @name should change the name of the file to something suitable;
using @aliases should index the identifiers properly. Alternatively,
we could do some automatic symbol -> name mapping for
non-alpha-numerics.

According to the R Language Definition 10.3.2, though:

  Identifiers consist of a sequence of letters, digits, the period
  ('.') and the underscore. They must not start with a digit nor
  underscore, nor with a period followed by a digit.

I had assumed that would lead to a valid identifier -> filename
mapping; I must have overlooked the case of operators, primitive
identifiers and prefix-periods.