[Roxygen-devel] Doc for muliple functions

Manuel J. A. Eugster Manuel.Eugster at stat.uni-muenchen.de
Fri Feb 20 18:12:14 CET 2009

Hi Lars,

 > > Lets say that I have 2 functions in file test.R (in a package folder MDP),
 > > that are so close related that I want to document them in one file:

yes, that's something we want to implement in near future!

 > > 1) Would it be possible to include a parameter/option in roxygenize so that
 > > Rd files not are generated for functions that are not documented (have no #'
 > > above the function def)?

The repository version of Roxygen provides a @noRd tag,
which signals, not to generate an Rd file for the following
function.

 > > Moreover, I have to hack the usage generation of the foo function by
 > > including
 > >
 > > #' @usage foo(file)\cr
 > > #'      bar()
 > >
 > > in the foo doc.

Until we get the "more functions in one Rd file" working,
you have to keep doing that.

 > > 2) Is it possible to auto generate the \usage based on the alias in the doc,
 > > i.e. since the doc for foo has an '@alias bar' then the function desc of bar
 > > is also included in \usage?

Yep, that's what we finally want -- not only for the usage,
but for arguments, return values, etc.

But I'm not sure about the way how to declare the mixture of
documentation. My intention is to provide an @RdFile tag (or
similar) where the argument specifies the file were to append.

So in case of your example you would write:

# @RdFile foo
bar<-function() {
}

I hope I/we soon find the time to realize that extension,
because I need it too :-)

Manuel.