[Rnomads-user] high impact rNOMADS tasks should be switched from GRIB to DODS

Daniel Bowman danny.c.bowman at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 07:24:39 CEST 2023

Hello,

A quick update.  NOMADS is using dynamically generated content in
their grib interface, which makes it very difficult to scrape.  I have
a possible solution using RSelenium, but it will take me at least a
week to implement and will require the user to install external
programs.

Therefore, I suggest anyone using grib in a critical capacity to
switch to DODS now.  The attached update fixes the issue with DODS
only.

Best,

Danny