[Reddyproc-users] gap filling of several months of missing data

Thomas Wutzler twutz at bgc-jena.mpg.de
Fri Nov 22 15:26:33 CET 2019

Dear Terenzio,

long gaps are filled by a lookup table and the mean diurnal cycle.
If your measurements are close in environmental space (incoming
radiation (Rg), temperature, ...) then REddyProc can do a decent job
despite distance in time.

For a comparison of gap-filling techniques see the Paper of Moffat et
al. 2012:
https://doi.org/10.1016/j.agrformet.2007.08.011

Probably, the machine learning has gotten better in the mean time.

I resend this to reddyproc-users at lists.r-forge.r-project.org so that you
may get feedback and experience from a wider community.

Yours
Thomas