[Rcppoctave-user] Cannot install rcppoctave

Renaud Gaujoux renaud at mancala.cbio.uct.ac.za
Fri Jun 5 11:23:59 CEST 2015

> Install via install.packages('RcppOctave') produces the same error as last
> year

The fix has not made it to CRAN yet so, I don't expect this to work.
The error you see in this case is not related to the changes in 4.0.0, but
was a bug that I think only appears if Octave is not found in the usual
location, which I believe is your case (it does not shows up on CRAN
checks).

> Error : bad 'S3method' directive: S3method(.DollarNames.Octave)

My bad on this one.
A fix is now in both master and develop on GitHub.