[Rcppoctave-user] Cannot install rcppoctave

kam kammon kammon101 at hotmail.ca
Fri Jun 5 03:56:49 CEST 2015

Hi,

Tried again just now. Still doesn't work.

Install via install.packages('RcppOctave') produces the same error as last year

Error : /tmp/RtmpCY4NvV/R.INSTALLa3a2685bdea/RcppOctave/man/o_addpath.Rd:40: .onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'RcppOctave', details:
  call: lapply(X = X, FUN = FUN, ...)
  error: object 'dlibs' not found
ERROR: installing Rd objects failed for package ‘RcppOctave’

Install the development version via  devtools::install_github('renozao/RcppOctave', ref = 'develop') produced something different

RcppOctave.so conversion.o rcpp_octave.o -L/usr/local/lib/octave/4.0.0 -L/usr/local/lib -loctinterp -loctave -L/usr/lib/R/lib -lR
installing to /usr/lib/R/library/RcppOctave/libs
** R
** demo
** exec
** inst
** tests
** preparing package for lazy loading
Error : bad 'S3method' directive: S3method(.DollarNames.Octave)
ERROR: lazy loading failed for package ‘RcppOctave’
* removing ‘/usr/lib/R/library/RcppOctave’
Error: Command failed (1)

Since these are different from last time's error and the development branch has been updated about 14 hours ago I think this is the version that contains the purported fix.

Thanks for looking into it.