[Rcpp-devel] Problem installing Rcpp version 0.12.2 on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sat Jan 9 19:36:44 CET 2016

PS If you fail to compile Rcpp from source you can even get it prebuilt for
you. What you need is to add the marutter c2d4u PPA from

    https://launchpad.net/~marutter/+archive/ubuntu/c2d4u

Where is an 'apt-cache policy r-cran-rcpp' run in a dedicated Docker
container which knows about this PPA and the other marutter PPA, and is set
to Ubuntu precise aka 12.04:

edd at max:~$ docker run --rm -ti rocker/r-apt:precise apt-cache policy r-cran-rcpp
r-cran-rcpp:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 0.12.2-1ppa0precise0
  Version table:
     0.12.2-1ppa0precise0 0
        500 http://ppa.launchpad.net/marutter/c2d4u/ubuntu/ precise/main amd64 Packages
     0.10.3-2precise0 0
        500 http://ppa.launchpad.net/marutter/rrutter/ubuntu/ precise/main amd64 Packages
     0.9.9-1 0
        500 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise/universe amd64 Packages
edd at max:~$

You get roxygen2 and some other 2500+ plus packages from there too.

Very useful service -- while I don't use ancient Ubuntu versions on my
machines, I rely on this for Travis quite a bit.

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org