[Rcpp-devel] clusterExport fails on Rcpp functions

JJ Allaire jj.allaire at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 14:02:07 CEST 2015

The problem is that Rcpp functions created via sourceCpp can't be
serialized (their backing shared library is gone when they are
re-serialized). The solution to this is to either:

a) Rebuild them on the cluster nodes (i.e. just include a string with their
source and then call sourceCpp on each node); or

b) Move your C++ functions into an R package that's available on all the
nodes.