[Rcpp-devel] statement about rcpp11 ?

Scott Ritchie sritchie73 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 01:32:24 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I'll throw in my two cents as well.

I personally found it confusing when I first encountered Rcpp11 some time
ago. This entirely stemmed from my lack of knowledge about the exact
distinction between C++ and C++11, and the boundary between Rcpp and C++ (I
was learning Rcpp/C++ as I went, working from a rudimentary knowledge of C).

So I think Jonathon's suggestion of FAQ entries would be useful, if only
for those who dive into Rcpp without knowing a whole lot about C++ to begin
with.

Cheers,

Scott Ritchie