[Rcpp-devel] Problem with modules

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Sep 4 18:58:22 CEST 2014

On 4 September 2014 at 18:28, Stefan Boehringer wrote:
| I try to get the Rcpp.package.skeleton example running.

My favourite approach for cases like this is to look at existing / working
packages.  We do have an example in the unit tests set in

           inst/unitTests/testRcppModule/

and its ...

| Rcpp.package.skeleton('GeneticsHaplotype', module = T);
|
| My zzz.R looks like:
|
| .onLoad <- function(libname, pkgname){
|     #loadRcppModules()
|     loadModule("yada", TRUE)
| }

... file inst/unitTests/testRcppModule/R/zzz.R does

.onLoad <- function(libname, pkgname){
    loadRcppModules()
}

Can you try this?

If the skeleton does loadModule(...) maybe the skeleton code is behind which
I could fix.

| I also tried various variations (as indicated by the comments in zzz.R).
| I run into
|
| library('devtools');
| library('Rcpp');
| install('GeneticsHaplotype');
| require('GeneticsHaplotype')
| y = Module('yada', mustStart = T);

(Aside: You don't need trailing ';', and you surely do not need devtools.)

There are a number of other packages on CRAN using modules, some with
classes, some with free functions, ... so it is worth looking around.

Dirk