[Rcpp-devel] RcppArmadillo: Linking to OpenBLAS under Windows

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Feb 7 04:09:46 CET 2014

On 6 February 2014 at 18:08, Avraham Adler wrote:
| If I have compiled my installation of R linking to OpenBLAS so that Rblas.dll
| is fast and not reference, if I install RcppArmadillo from source, will it take
| advantage of that Fast Blas?

RcppArmadillo uses whatever R uses. If you tell R to use different BLAS +
LAPACK, then RcppArmadillo will use then.

On Linux that is plug and play if you a) build with dynamic library
configuration and b) use external BLAS/LAPACK.  That is the default for Linux
distributions.  On Windows you may want to check the 'R Installation and
Administration' manual.