[Rcpp-devel] RcppArmadillo: Linking to OpenBLAS under Windows

Kevin Ushey kevinushey at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 01:02:11 CET 2014

Hi Avraham,

IIUC, when you install / compile RcppArmadillo, it sets the BLAS,
LAPACK linker arguments based on the results of

    R CMD config BLAS_LIBS
    R CMD config LAPACK_LIBS

So if you've compiled R using OpenBLAS, RcppArmadillo should also be
using OpenBLAS. You can check R CMD config BLAS_LIBS, as well as the
actual compilation steps invoked when installing RcppArmadillo from
source, to see how exactly it is linking to BLAS / LAPACK.

But (I think) Rblas.dll is still just the packaged version of BLAS
distributed with R; I don't think it even gets generated if you
specify a system BLAS library explicitly. But (assuming you're on
Windows) I'm not sure if R does something Windows-specific here.

Cheers,
Kevin