[Rcpp-devel] problems with rInside in Ubuntu

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun Mar 31 00:37:11 CET 2013

On 30 March 2013 at 19:50, Walter Mascarenhas wrote:
| leftover from the use of an old version of RInside (dowloaded
| by apt-get) and a new version from your site. Therefore,

I never packaged RInside, and I already asked you where you got it from.
Your unwillingness to actually answer questions I ask limits my willingness
to spend more time helping you.

And yes, looking at exactly what version of libraries your programs link to
generally matters.  As you (re-)learned now.

| there is no point in explaining in detail what combination
| of silly mistakes caused me trouble, since is unlikely
| that other people will go through the same process.

Try to step back an inch or two and abstract: it is the _process_ that
matters, not the slavish repetition of steps.

As such, failure is a great learning experience once you overcome the initial
difficulty.  Failure to learn that is a wasted resource.

Good luck.