[Rcpp-devel] Regarding question on a suitable IDE for C++ project using Rcpp in Window (7) OS

Lincoln Xu lincolnxufam4 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 17:28:19 CET 2013

Hi, Rcpp experts,

While I am very impressed by the power of Rcpp described by a nice
introduction in your website. It seems to me that it is not easy to set up
an IDE for developing C++ using Rcpp in window. As stated in FAQ, there is
NOT A CHANGE to use VS with Rcpp and R. I wonder if you could kindly point
me to some online resource of workable IDE in window OS for the devel
purpose ( I mean it can compile C++ code and debug the C++ code running
from R.

I am also very puzzled by the statement that there is NOT A CHANGE to use
VS with Rcpp and R in FAQ. If I understand correctly, original Rcpp written
by
by Dominick Samperi was indeed working with VS. So what new technique
deployed prevents Rcpp and R to works with VS. If all possible, could you
please provide information for my education.

Regards,

Lincoln