[Rcpp-devel] Regarding question on a suitable IDE for C++ project using Rcpp in Window (7) OS

Kevin Ushey kevinushey at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 10:46:25 CET 2013

Hi Lincoln,

FWIW, I had some success setting up Eclipse for using Rcpp. If you set up
include paths to the Rcpp/include and R/include directories, Eclipse will
be able to provide code assistance. (I tried to get a similar thing working
with Netbeans, but it seemed to randomly choke on trying to process all the
includes -- not sure if it was me or Netbeans, but regardless I've had more
success using Eclipse)

I haven't delved as far as using a Makefile to attempt compilation from
within Eclipse or anything like that though -- I use Eclipse for the C++
source in an R project, then RStudio to manage the .R files, compilation +
building and so forth. If you're on Windows, you'll need Rtools and you'll
have to set up all the compilers appropriately.

-Kevin