[Rcpp-devel] RcppEigen needs 1GB memory to compile

Dominick Samperi djsamperi at gmail.com
Sun Dec 8 20:47:34 CET 2013

Is this really the important thing? Seems like -g0 saves disk space, not memory?
is not the issue here.)

Header-only C++ packages require the compiler to effectively process one
huge source file instead of a bunch of smaller ones, thus the need for a
huge amount of memory in some cases. The suggestion to drop -pipe
might be helpful since it pushes more of the resource use from memory
to disk.