[Rcpp-devel] RcppArmadillo test release available

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Dec 3 12:32:36 CET 2013

Conrad is getting ready for a new release 3.930 and prepared a first beta
release -- from http://arma.sf.net :

  2013-12-03  Version 3.929.beta1   (test release)

  added size() based specifications of submatrix view sizes
  added element-wise variants of min() and max()
  added divide-and-conquer variant of svd_econ(), for faster SVD
  added divide-and-conquer variant of pinv(), for faster pseudo-inverse
  added randi() for generating matrices with random integer values
  added more intuitive specification of sort direction in sort() and sort_index()
  added more intuitive specification of method in det(), .i(), inv() and solve()

I rolled this into a test version 0.3.920.3.2 [1] which is available on
Github in the arma_3.930.beta branch.  I haven't tried it (as I have the repo
checked out) but I think that

  library(devtools)
  install_github("RcppCore/RcppArmadillo", ref="arma_3.930.beta")

should install it.  Conrad and I would welcome additional testing prior to
the release of 3.930.0 / 0.3.930.0.

Thanks,  Dirk

[1] Version numbers have to be increasing under the sorting scheme so I
cannot call this 0.3.930 yet