[Rcpp-devel] broken package after udpate

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sat Nov 17 01:13:05 CET 2012

On 17 November 2012 at 01:06, Romain Francois wrote:

| Le 17/11/12 00:59, baptiste auguie a écrit :
| > I see, thanks a lot for tracking this down.

Seconded -- nicely done.

| > In practical terms, should I change all such functions to use SEXP +
| > explicit wrap, or will you submit a new CRAN version soon enough fixing
| > this?
|
| I don't know.

We are doing _a lot_ of work on Rcpp right now, so I'd say we will have a new
release sooner rather than later -- maybe in two or three weeks. But there is
no guarantee.

| > Personally I don't mind waiting a bit for the CRAN fix of cda;
| > probably noone else uses my package and I'd rather avoid making
| > unnecessary workaround fixes. That being said, I would be surprised if
| > no other packages broke because of this.
|
| Well. We'll only know when people tell us I guess.

With infinite time, we would have an infinite number of use cases. I think we
have a simple case that test return of matrices, but (and I have not yet
checked) the include order that Romain identified is of course not something
we check.

Cheers, Dirk