[Rcpp-devel] Problems running RInside 0.2.5 on Windows with R 2.14.1 and Rtools 21[45]

Adrian Maries amaries at cs.pitt.edu
Wed Jan 11 00:06:41 CET 2012

Hi Diomidis, Dirk and everyone else,

Was this problem solved in the meantime? I have the same "Fatal error:
unable to open the base package" problem. I'm using RInside 0.2.4,
Rtools 2.13.0.1901, R 2.13.2 on 32-bit Windows 7. As far as I can tell,
there is no configuration error. I've installed everything from scratch
twice just to make sure I don't get that same error because of messing
something up.

R_HOME points to .."\R\R-2.13.2" which seems fine to me. I should also
mention that I personally need to integrate R with QT, but I tried
running both the QT example and the examples in the "standard" directory
and I get the same "unable to open the base package" error. I really
need to get this to work, so I would appreciate and
ideas/suggestions/comments from anyone.

Thank you,
Adrian Maries