[Rcpp-devel] Error checking package that uses Rcpp

Andrew Redd amredd at gmail.com
Tue May 10 02:44:44 CEST 2011

Rcpp Developers,
I'm not quite sure what to make of this with my package it won't pass check
at the moment because I get the error

* checking whether the name space can be loaded with stated dependencies ...
> WARNING
> Error: .onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'gpuBayes', details:
>   call: Module(module, mustStart = TRUE)
>   error: could not find function "getClass"
> Execution halted

I noticed that the package  RcppModels on R-forge also generates this error.

A possibly related problem that I am facing is when I try to load the module
I get

> Module("GPU_BAYES",mustStart=T)
> Error in Module("GPU_BAYES", mustStart = T) :
>   Failed to initialize module pointer: Error in
> FUN("_rcpp_module_boot_GPU_BAYES"[[1L]], ...): no such symbol
> _rcpp_module_boot_GPU_BAYES in package .GlobalEnv

I will try and get a working example that reproduces the error, but while I
do that I hope someone knows what the error might be.

Thanks,
Andrew Redd