[Rcpp-devel] weird error

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri May 6 03:56:52 CEST 2011

On 5 May 2011 at 20:36, deqiang sun wrote:
| It's linux/centos. There's a recent upgrade of R from 2.9 to 2.12

That should just work.

| I am not talking about the RInside's example folder.
| I had been working with RInside for a while in my working directory, which contains a lot CSV format data files. Then suddenly it stopped working. I have just replaced my hundreds of lines of code to the code of rinside_exmple0.cpp and replaced the make file with the original example makefile, trying to locate the problem.

The presence of csv files should have no impact on how the code is compiled,
linked or executed.

| But that strange error is still there.
|
| As I mentioned in my reply several minutes ago, when I move the code and makefile to a brand new directory, the code starts to work again.
|
| It's weird...

Your emails have not been helpful bug reports. You did not say (at least not
initially) say what you system was, you show no code, you do not show what
you executed --- in short nothing reproduceable.

It works for me and many others. I can't give you any more focussed help as
you provided no details.

Start from scratch.  Do 'R CMD check Rcpp_0.9.4.tar.fz'.  If that passes,
then your system is fine so the issue must be with you do.

Good luck,  Dirk

| On May 5, 2011, at 7:33 PM, deqiang sun wrote:
|
| > Well, I moved the rinside_example0.cpp and makefile to a brand new directory. There is no error!
| >
| > On May 5, 2011, at 7:21 PM, deqiang sun wrote:
| >
| >> Does any one encounter such error?
| >> $ ./rinside_example0
| >> Error: cons memory exhausted (limit reached?)
| >> Execution halted
| >>

| >> The code is just rinside_example0.cpp.
| >> The make file is just the original Make file with the line "sources :=              $(wildcard *.cpp)"
| >> replaced by
| >> "sources = rinside_example0.cpp" because there are multiple cpp files.
| >>
| >> Note that there are many header files, cpp files and text style data files.
| >>

| >> Thanks,
| >> DSUN

Gauss once played himself in a zero-sum game and won $50.
                      -- #11 at http://www.gaussfacts.com