[Rcpp-devel] Rcpp-devel Digest, Vol 17, Issue 8

Christian Gunning xian at unm.edu
Thu Mar 10 12:14:38 CET 2011

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 4:00 AM,
<rcpp-devel-request at r-forge.wu-wien.ac.at> wrote:
> I was wondering if there is any plan to add this function in the future. In any
> | case, what is your recommendation if I need this function in my C++ code.

You can always grab particular R functions and use them in C++ code.
This is a somewhat under-sung secret, and Rcpp-quickref has some
examples.  rmultinom is in the stats package, from which you'll pluck
it.  As always, remember to do the RNG magic before your
entropy-dependent function calls.

-Christian

--
A man, a plan, a cat, a ham, a yak, a yam, a hat, a canal – Panama!