[Rcpp-devel] LLVM

Jan de Leeuw deleeuw at stat.ucla.edu
Sat Jul 23 22:56:11 CEST 2011

I compile a 64bit CLI version of the current R-devel from svn, with about 1000 add-on packages, in Lion, using the clang and clang++ compilers
from the LLVM project (and gfortran 4.7). This generally works well, the compiles are really fast, but for RcppArmadillo I get

** testing if installed package can be loaded
Error in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...) :
 unable to load shared object '/usr/local/R/lib/R/library/RcppArmadillo/libs/RcppArmadillo.so':
 dlopen(/usr/local/R/lib/R/library/RcppArmadillo/libs/RcppArmadillo.so, 6): Symbol not found: __ZN4arma12arma_version5majorE
 Referenced from: /usr/local/R/lib/R/library/RcppArmadillo/libs/RcppArmadillo.so
 Expected in: flat namespace
in /usr/local/R/lib/R/library/RcppArmadillo/libs/RcppArmadillo.so
Error: loading failed
Execution halted
ERROR: loading failed
* removing ‘/usr/local/R/lib/R/library/RcppArmadillo’
* restoring previous ‘/usr/local/R/lib/R/library/RcppArmadillo’

--
Jan de Leeuw