[Rcpp-devel] Conflit with sys/vnode.h on Solaris (gcc 4.4.3)

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Wed Apr 13 18:29:35 CEST 2011

On 13 April 2011 at 16:51, Giuseppe Milicia wrote:
| >Can you use qualified names, as in Rcpp::as, or would that mean
| >rewriting most of the Rcpp headers?
|
| Doing that actually solves the problem and seems to be limited to modifying 3 lines in two headers RObject.h and Environment.h
|
| Essentially you qualify "as" in those files. Might be worth considering...

Can you send output from 'diff -ru old/ new/', please, so that we get a
proper patch ?

I can guestimate what the three lines are and I am a little puzzled as to why
that is a problem, unless stupid Solaris defines a really bad _macro_ as in
which case it would be _much simpler_ if _you_ used

      #ifdef as
      #undef as
      #endif

at the header of your files if nobody else is bitten by end.   Then again,
for the rest the compiler should make sure that

     Rcpp::as<T>(....)

is not any more expensive than

But about my polite request for help with Solaris cc compiler?  Could you
help there?   You are the living being from planet Solaris to set foot in
these corners and I mentioned, we do need some local help...

Thanks,  Dirk