[Rcpp-devel] Conflit with sys/vnode.h on Solaris (gcc 4.4.3)

Giuseppe Milicia Giuseppe.Milicia at makoglobal.com
Wed Apr 13 17:51:16 CEST 2011

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 11:11 AM, Giuseppe Milicia
<Giuseppe.Milicia at makoglobal.com> wrote:
> Dirk,
>
> I steer away from the Solaris compiler, too many headaches there...
>
> I'm currently using gcc 4.4.3
>
> I tried rearranging the headers (in my code) but I got nowhere :( I suspect this is the case because sys/vnode.h is
> used by the standard libraries and those are included in RcppCommon before the conflicting definitions. I'll see if
> I can figure a way out of this and let you know...

>Can you use qualified names, as in Rcpp::as, or would that mean
>rewriting most of the Rcpp headers?

Doing that actually solves the problem and seems to be limited to modifying 3 lines in two headers RObject.h and Environment.h

Essentially you qualify "as" in those files. Might be worth considering...

Cheers,

//Giuseppe

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete this e-mail from your system. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Mako Group. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action with respect to the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The Mako Group accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.
For important disclosures please click <<http://www.makoglobal.com/UKRegulatoryNotice.htm>>