[Rcpp-devel] Convention on where to put RCPP_MODULE declarations?

Douglas Bates bates at stat.wisc.edu
Tue Nov 16 03:50:14 CET 2010

Is there any guidance on where to put RCPP_MODULE declarations in
package sources?  I'm working on the assumption of one module per
package but the module itself can contain multiple class or function
declarations.  Is one module per package reasonable or would there be
a reason for multiple modules in a package?

I typically keep class declarations and definitions in separate files,
usually one class per pair of files.  To me it seems that the module
declaration belongs in a header file but I haven't looked closely at
what it expands to.  Should it be in a header file or a .cpp source
code file?