[Rcpp-devel] Problem with compiling a code for RcppArmadillo

Romain Francois romain.francois at dbmail.com
Wed May 19 16:26:55 CEST 2010

Please follow the documentation. See ?RcppArmadillo

See also the announcement on my blog:
http://romainfrancois.blog.free.fr/index.php?post/2010/05/19/RcppArmadillo-0.2.1

Le 19/05/10 16:18, Abhisek a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use the following lines to compile a cpp code
>
> export PKG_LIBS=`Rscript -e "Rcpp:::LdFlags()"`
> export PKG_CXXFLAGS=`Rscript -e "Rcpp:::CxxFlags()"`
> R CMD SHLIB gamwibTrial.cpp

That is not enough. You need also the include path of RcppArmadillo in
the PKG_CXXFLAGS

system.file( "include", package = "RcppArmadillo" )

and you need additional libraries in your PKG_LIBS:

$(LAPACK_LIBS) $(BLAS_LIBS) $(FLIBS)

All of this is written in clear text in both sources of documentation.

> I get the following error
>
> g++ -I/usr/share/R/include
> -I/home/abhisek/R/i486-pc-linux-gnu-library/2.10/Rcpp/include -fpic  -g
> -O2 -c gamwibTrial.cpp -o gamwibTrial.o
> In file included from gamwibTrial.cpp:2:
> /usr/local/include/RcppArmadillo.h:25:34: error: RcppArmadilloForward.h:
> No such file or directory
>
> i did a search for RcppArmadilloForward.h but did not find it.  I have
> updated to the latest versions of Rcpp and RcppArmadillo today.

how did you search ? from the installed RcppArmadillo, I can do :

$ find . -name "RcppArmadilloForward.h"
./include/RcppArmadilloForward.h

> i realize that i should be using RcppArmadillo in a package setting but
> im still trawling through that documentation.  In the meantime I am just
> trying to see if the code will compile.

Just run RcppArmadillo.package.skeleton and use a package, you'll do
yourself a favor.

--
Romain Francois
Professional R Enthusiast