[Rcpp-devel] Problem with compiling a code for RcppArmadillo

Abhisek shieks at gmail.com
Wed May 19 16:18:31 CEST 2010

Hi,

I am trying to use the following lines to compile a cpp code

export PKG_LIBS=`Rscript -e "Rcpp:::LdFlags()"`
export PKG_CXXFLAGS=`Rscript -e "Rcpp:::CxxFlags()"`
R CMD SHLIB gamwibTrial.cpp

I get the following error

g++ -I/usr/share/R/include
-I/home/abhisek/R/i486-pc-linux-gnu-library/2.10/Rcpp/include -fpic  -g -O2
-c gamwibTrial.cpp -o gamwibTrial.o
In file included from gamwibTrial.cpp:2:
/usr/local/include/RcppArmadillo.h:25:34: error: RcppArmadilloForward.h: No
such file or directory

i did a search for RcppArmadilloForward.h but did not find it.  I have
updated to the latest versions of Rcpp and RcppArmadillo today.

i realize that i should be using RcppArmadillo in a package setting but im
still trawling through that documentation.  In the meantime I am just trying
to see if the code will compile.

Many thanks for your help!
Abhisek