[Rcpp-devel] Extra semi-colons in class declarations

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Mar 12 20:21:08 CET 2010

On 12 March 2010 at 12:56, Douglas Bates wrote:
| I usually set the -Wall and -pedantic flags to compilations and have
| found that I pages of warnings regarding extra semi-colons from some
| of the class declarations.  It would be good to remove those extra
| punctuation marks (although, I, as a C programmer, am continually
| being caught at failing to add a semicolon after the closing brace on
| a class declaration so I understand the desire to put in the semicolon
| regardless of whether it is needed or not).
|
| Do you want me to produce a diff relative to the R-forge sources?
| Alternatively, if you trust me not to bung things up too much, you
| could add the R-forge login dmbates to the list of developers of the
| projects and I could commit changes.  I promise to stay with strictly
| cosmetic changes until I learn more about C++ in general and Rcpp in
| particular.

Sounds good to me.

We are a little non-standard on code-indentation (I use Emacs as the header line
will tell you), Romain doesn't and his editor (jedit IIRC) doesn't get
programmed / set the same way so the odd 8-char wide indents occur.

Romain seems to be addicted to an extra space before the ; which I sometimes
clean up.  But as you see we like the same pattern on curlies and all things
that matter..

Supporting -pendantc is a good idea.

  Registration is open for the 2nd International conference R / Finance 2010
  See http://www.RinFinance.com for details, and see you in Chicago in April!