[RQt-devel] direction of Qt

Michael Lawrence lawrence.michael at gene.com
Mon May 23 01:36:11 CEST 2011

We can stick with Qt until the GTK+ stack has obvious advantages. My email
was more of a forecast of this happening; it has not happened yet.

The good thing is that the infrastructure is already there for GTK+,
although the RGtk2 code generator needs to be updated to the new API
description standard (which ironically I helped to define). That would
greatly facilitate, say, binding the Clutter canvas (which still has a ways
to go to match QGraphicsView for our needs). GooCanvas is an existing
Cairo-based canvas library that was more of a proof-of-concept and is in
maintenance-mode.

Michael