[RQt-devel] recent smoke update

Michael Lawrence lawrence.michael at gene.com
Sat Jan 16 17:27:58 CET 2010

On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 7:33 AM, Deepayan Sarkar
<deepayan.sarkar at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi (mostly MIchael),
>
> r206 (2010-01-14, Update to latest smoke) caused a regression in my
> setup because these lines were removed (they had been added following
> Justin's suggestion because I need the -fPIC flag):
>
> ----
> if( CMAKE_SYSTEM_PROCESSOR STREQUAL "x86_64" )
>  set_target_properties(smokeqt PROPERTIES COMPILE_FLAGS "-fPIC")
> endif( CMAKE_SYSTEM_PROCESSOR STREQUAL "x86_64" )
> ----
>
> Not a big deal, I just added them back, but I was wondering if there's
> anything we might do to prevent repeat occurrences. Was the file
> copied verbatim from the new smoke release?

Yes, those files are copied verbatim with the sync. We need to get these
changes into upstream. But the uptake seems pretty slow. There is this fix,
as well as the fixes for OS X. We probably need to create our own branch of
the kdebindings stuff or at least maintain a set of patches. The latter is
probably a better idea.

Michael