[Phylobase-devl] CRAN release

Peter Cowan pdc at berkeley.edu
Mon Oct 26 23:59:29 CET 2009

I suggest we do a beta release of phylobase to CRAN.  We seem to have
tackled most of the architectural issues and bugs that we wanted to.
This and a lack of time has caused development to be notably slower
over the last month.

To the best of my knowledge all planned but unimplmented code, falls
into the category of enhancements that would not break code produced
w/ the current version.

I think there would be great value in getting the package out to a
wider audience (just this week I was asked how to do things in ape
that are trivial w/ phylobase).  More eyes will make bugs and gaps in
the documentation more obvious.  Furthermore, package developers will
shy away from phylobase until it is available to them on CRAN.

R-core has also just released 2.10.0 (which should make some mac
issues a bit better.)

Any objections?

Peter