[Phylobase-devl] CRAN release

Jim Regetz regetz at nceas.ucsb.edu
Tue Oct 27 01:42:27 CET 2009

Releasing sounds like a great idea to me! I absolute agree about having
more eyes to uncover issues and such. Also, expanding the pool of folks
who use and build on phylobase should be a positive force for setting
development priorities.

FYI, earlier today we discovered a problem with src/*.c files not being
compiled during the Windows build process. I believe it was caused by an
overly aggressive Makefile.win (created specifically for the ncl code),
and have my fingers crossed that the switch to a Makevars.win will do
the trick. It now builds properly for me on an XP VM with the Windows
toolset, and I'll check to see how it fares during the next R-forge
build/check cycle.

Jim