[Phylobase-devl] Urgent! problems with installing

Marguerite Butler mbutler at hawaii.edu
Thu Jul 17 10:29:08 CEST 2008

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all your replies earlier. I just wanted to report that the
problem with read.nexus was a bug in ape that Emmanuel fixed in the
latest release. It was a bug that only occurred in a single-tree file
with no translation block.

I figured out my problems with phylobase on R 2.6.2. I had previously
upgraded to 2.7 but then downgraded again. However, the 2.7 directory
was still present on my harddrive, it's just that the current version
was pointing to the 2.6 folder (I guess R keeps track of the current
version by using an alias called current pointing to the appropriate
folder). I guess the package installer just looks at the highest
version number you have and not what is pointed to by "current". Once
I moved the 2.7 folder to another location, all was fine with
installing phylobase from source on 2.6.2.

Marguerite