[Mediation-information] medeff

dustin tingley dtingley at gov.harvard.edu
Sat Apr 28 04:33:33 CEST 2012

Stella-
I don't know Chen's paper. Our definitions come from an earlier statistics
literature. I suggest consulting one of our papers, available here
http://imai.princeton.edu/projects/mechanisms.html , where we define the
ADE (e.g., the Psychological Methods paper), or the Stata Journal paper
Raymond and I wrote for the medeff command.

There are no general rules regarding effect sizes. That is question and
discipline specific, just like with normal regression methods. Sorry I
can't be of more guidance on that.

best,
Dustin

Dustin Tingley
Government Department
Harvard University
http://scholar.harvard.edu/dtingley
Director, Program on Experience Based Learning in the Social Sciences
http://projects.iq.harvard.edu/peblss/
Contribute to the Research Reservoir:
http://projects.iq.harvard.edu/undergradscholars/pages/research-resources