[Mediation-information] interaction terms in mediation package

Kosuke Imai kimai at Princeton.EDU
Fri Apr 27 16:43:13 CEST 2012

Hi Sun,

  It was great to meet with you at the SREE.  The direct effect under the control condition means that the mediator is held constant at the value that would be realized under the control condition, M(0).  Alternatively, you can define the direct effect while fixing the mediator to the value that would be realized under the treatment condition, M(1).  You may want to consult our psychological methods or American Political Science Review paper available at http://imai.princeton.edu/projects/mechanisms.html  Also, I'm ccing this message to our mediation email list so that others can benefit from your question.  It would be great if you could direct your future questions to that list.  See https://r-forge.r-project.org/projects/mediation/

Thanks,
Kosuke

Department of Politics
Princeton University