[Mediation-information] Appropriate use of package "mediation"

Tormod Bøe tormod.boe at uni.no
Thu Sep 15 09:29:37 CEST 2011

Dear Kosuke and Dustin,

Thanks for your prompt and thoughtful replies. In my case there is
evidence of a linear "social gradient" in that symptom scores of outcome
increases with decreasing levels of SES. However, the association with
outcome is stronger in the most extreme categories of "treatment" (i.e.
for "very poor" economy and for "basic" parental education levels).

If I am understanding your responses correctly, this suggest that the
results of the mediation analysis would be different for different
levels of treatment (e.g. for comparing "poor"[=0] with "average"[=1]
vs. "poor"[=0] with "very good"[=4] economy).

Yours sincerely,
Tormod