[Mediation-information] Causal mediation analysis?

Kosuke Imai kimai at Princeton.Edu
Mon Oct 24 15:12:41 CEST 2011

Ho-Chuan,

  It is only applicable in the sense that conditional on pre-treatment covariates the treatment assignment must be ignorable.  If that condition is not met, then causal mediation analysis will be biased.   So, the key is to collect confounding variables so that the treatment can be assumed to be as-if random given those variables.

Kosuke

Department of Politics
Princeton University
http://imai.princeton.edu