[R list package] proportion of liars

Ana Nuno ana.nuno08 at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Mar 16 11:08:58 CET 2012

Dear Kosuke and Graeme,

I am a PhD student at the Imperial College London, UK, and I have conducted
a list experiment to quantify illegal use of natural resources in the
Serengeti, Tanzania.
I have been following your publications and I would like to analyse my own
data using your list package. I find your developments in this field
extremely useful!

At the moment, I am been trying to replicate your tables using your help
instructions. I have a very simple question: in practice, how do you get
the estimated population probability of lying presented in the table 7 of
Blair & Imai (2012)? For example, when I apply ictreg to fit standard
design ML model with floor and ceiling effects and then  check the summary
of results, where do the estimated proportions of liars presented in the
table 7 come from?

Thank you in advance!

--
Ana Nuno