[Ipmpack-users] Help with IPMpack

Ivan Alejandro Ortíz Rodríguez iortiz at cieco.unam.mx
Wed Sep 12 20:29:39 CEST 2012

Hi everybody!

I hope you're very well. I write you because I have some questions about
IPMpack.

I will introduce you my project:

I'm studying the demography of a tropical palm in  Mexico,  I have data of
this specie for: Growth (in centimeters), survival and  fecundity, i've
been running this data from IPMpack and everything is OK.

Now I want introduce a new measure of growth because this specie has a very
slow-growth when is an infant and it hasn't a measurable lenght. I have
data for: number of leaves, and i thing it can explain me this growth when
the palm hasn't lenght, i.e. I want to construct a compound Pmatrix with
functions for growth and survival for number of seeds (discrete stage) and
with funtions for growth and survival for lenght (continuous stage), the
fecundity just will be in the continuous stage.

I've been reviewing the IPMpack manual, but I misunderstood so well how to
do it in the same environment, i.e. just with 1 env. (without covariables).

Someone have and idea to do this?

Thanks, :)

*Iván Alejandro Ortiz Rodríguez*
Posgrado en Ciencias Biológicas,
Lab. de Ecología de Poblaciones y Comunidades Tropicales
Centro de Investigaciones en Ecosistemas, UNAM-Campus Morelia