[inlinedocs] first impressions...

Toby Dylan Hocking Toby.Hocking at inria.fr
Mon May 2 20:04:08 CEST 2011

Hi Malcolm,

inlinedocs is hosted on r-forge.r-project.org, which is NOT the same
as rforge.net. So you should be able to download the most recent
version of inlinedocs using this command in R

install.packages("inlinedocs", repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org")

which only works for the most recent version of R, or these shell
commands, which should always work

svn checkout svn://svn.r-forge.r-project.org/svnroot/inlinedocs
R CMD INSTALL inlinedocs/pkg/inlinedocs

Documenting global variables is supported, see this example

https://r-forge.r-project.org/scm/viewvc.php/pkg/inlinedocs/inst/testfiles/description-before.R?view=markup&revision=259&root=inlinedocs

To be honest, I almost never read the PDF package manual, so perhaps
it does look odd. In that case I suggest you write custom titles.

Glad to hear the ESS patch is working for you. Definitely tell us if
you are able to contribute any elisp code to make it better.