[GSoC-PortA] GSoC Timeline/Kickoff

Peter Carl peter at braverock.com
Mon May 19 18:05:15 CEST 2014

Here's some background reading from April's edition of the Journal of
Finance.  This is slightly off topic, but I had been intending to send
this paper to this group and this reminded me that I should send it
around.  The conclusion: For portfolios to perform well out of sample,
it is important to incorporate an ensemble of methods that cover
stochastic volatility, time-varying return expectation, AND parameter
uncertainty.  It would be great to take this paper as an excuse to start
to develop best practices for some of these issues.

pcc