[GSoC-PortA] R CMD check

Brian G. Peterson brian at braverock.com
Tue Sep 3 18:02:33 CEST 2013

I just ran R CMD check on current svn, and it's kind of a mess.

'R CMD build' runs fine, which is good.

The vignettes take over 100 minutes to build using only one core on my 8
(physical) core desktop.  CRAN won't like that, but I think it is
necessary. I think we can make a case to CRAN that we need non-toy
examples for everything, and they can get over it.

The rest of check is going to need some work.

By far the biggest thing is missing/incorrect parameters in the
documentation.  This should all be worked out by making rure the roxygen
comments are up to date and that the docs are regenerated.

Another big area of check wordiness is in the S3 methods (e.g.
chart.Scatter, chart.Weights, extractStats) , which we had agreed should
be collapsed into a single main entry as I had done with
optimize.portfolio, etc.  We might need to add some @method tags to the
roxygen comments.

I think it's rather important to start cleaning this stuff up, we've
only got a few weeks left in GSoC.

Full results of 'R CMD check --no-vignettes' and the generated manual
attached.

Regards,

Brian

--