[GSoC-PortA] Mean-mETL objective?

Doug Martin martinrd at comcast.net
Sun Oct 6 16:19:49 CEST 2013

We are talking about convexity differently.  You are talking about the
mean-return versus risk efficient frontier.  I am talking about the
optimization problem (for any single point on the efficient frontier).  By
the way in mathematics the usual convention is that what you call convex is
usually called concave   Using that convention, the efficient frontier can
be non-convex with some constraints even in the MVO case, e.g., with MIP for
constraining the number of assets in the portfolio that happens (see Figure
3.1 in Scherer and Martin).

See additional comments below.