[GSoC-PortA] Beginning of Chapter 1 MSY 2nd Edition

Doug Martin martinrd at comcast.net
Fri Jul 12 23:40:59 CEST 2013

FYI, I have attached a draft of the first parts of Chapter 1.  You will see
the placeholders for the additional sections so can see where the total
content is headed.   This Chapter 1 is somewhat like Chapter 1  (Primer)
Scherer (2010) 4th edition, except more suited to the pedagogical needs of a
graduate course and other newcomers ,and with at least a little R
throughout.  Now I'm going to focus on Chapter 2 for the coming week. as I
mentioned in an earlier email.

Brian, bon voyage - have a great week
Ross, have a great weekend.
Guy, have a read and suggest edits.