[FLR-list] @spwn in FLBiol and @m.spwn and @harvest.spwn in FLStock

Iago MOSQUEIRA (JRC) iago.mosqueira at jrc.ec.europa.eu
Mon Jan 23 10:05:24 CET 2017

Hi,

Yes, it is, but the decision on FLStock structure was made a long time
ago and will be difficult to change, maybe at some point we can try.

The logic is that @spwn in FLBiol does not need ages, so let's keep it
smaller. Depending on your workflow (FLBiol -> FLStock or viceversa) we
an look at the accessors, replacement, constructor and coercion methods
to make it smoother. For example, coercion from FLBiol to FLStock
expands the slot, but maybe the assignment method m.spwn<- could also do
it when given an FLQuant with a single age.

How are you converting between both?

Cheers,

Iago

On 21/01/17 16:26, Dorleta Garcia wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> We are updating FLBEIA to the lastest FLCore version and I’ve realized
> that now ‘spwn’ slot in FLBiol has length equal one in the first
> dimension, you can create an object with length bigger than one but the
> validity crashes. However in FLStock object  @m.spwn and @harvest.spwn
> share the dimension with the rest of age structured stocks.
>

> Is not this contradictory?
>

> I don’t know if it makes sense to have age dependent spawn season but at
> least both objects should have the same flexibility, or even higher in
> FLBiols.
>

> Thanks and cheers,
>

> Dorleta

Dr Iago Mosqueira